Terms & Conditions
Safety is our foremost priority in the trip, thus any trip operated by Sri Lanka Local Tours is carefully covered with the best-arranged accommodation and transportation. All of Sri Lanka tours are well-designed and prepared to minimize risk or unexpected circumstances during the tour. As one of the best travel agents organizing Sri Lanka tours, we confidently ensure the safety of any individual as well as tour groups.
Itinerary Changes Made by Sri Lanka Local Tours
Sri Lanka is committed to high levels of professionalism to protect your booking. Adjustments will only be made in unavoidable or overriding circumstances. All efforts would be made to ensure that these adjustments are in the spirit of the original itinerary and would be properly discussed with you.
Itinerary Changes Requested by Guest (You)
Sri Lanka Local Tours aims to offer flexible itineraries. You can refer our tour itinerary suggestions if they do not fit your travel taste, you can change some details in the tour or create a completely new tour based on your desires. Once an itinerary is finalized, requests for changes to a group or individual itinerary will always be considered, but they may incur cancellation charges which levied by third parties such as cruise operators, airlines, and hotels.
Information Provided by Sri Lanka Local Tours
Sri Lanka Local Tours will use all reasonable endeavors to ensure that information provided is free from errors and omissions and will correct any errors or omissions once notified of them. We cannot, however, be held responsible for misinformation that a reasonable person could not have expected us to know. Our opinions are our own. Whilst we rigorously strive for accuracy, these opinions are necessarily subjective to some degree. Occasionally, temporary local circumstances, for example, emergency maintenance work, power cuts or off-season closure can make advertised facilities unavailable.
Sri Lanka Local Tours guarantees accommodation for the tour package selected by the guest. Guests are provided with detailed information beforehand on selected hotels based on their packages. Guests are requested to thoroughly research the selected hotels before confirming a booking. Once a booking has been confirmed, we will make reservations at hotels and these cannot be changed under any circumstance before or after the guest arrives in Sri Lanka. If however, the guest insists on changing a hotel booking, Sri Lanka Local Tour will try our best to arrange another hotel in the selected category, but that cost incurred will have to be undertaken by guests themselves.
All clients must be in possession of a valid passport and necessary visas or permits at the commencement of travel. All such documentation is the sole responsibility of the client. Your travel advisor may assist you in applying for the necessary travel documentation upon request. Sri Lanka Local Tours accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the failure of clients to obtain appropriate documentation.
With Sri Lanka Local Tours, none of the charges are levied for toddlers. Children aged from 2 to 12 years are generally granted a reduction of 50% of the tour price, provided that they are accompanied by at least one full-paying adult and share the adult’s accommodation for the duration of the holiday.
Travel insurance is not included in your Sri Lanka tour price. It is the client’s responsibility to verify whether his/her local health insurance carrier provides coverage while traveling. Please contact your insurance carrier for details.
Sri Lanka Local Tours strongly advises that you purchase a comprehensive travel insurance policy to cover all aspects of your tour including the loss of deposits through cancellation, loss of baggage and personal items, personal injury and death. A waiver must be signed if insurance is declined.
It is important to note that your carry-on luggage is no more than 7 kg per passenger. The free baggage allowance is 40 kg for business class and 30 kg for economy class. Excess baggage fees are the sole responsibility of the guests. Regulations within Sri Lanka specify that all suitcases must have a locking device attached. Failure to follow this regulation may result in refusal by airport staff to load suitcases onto the aircraft.
Personal Loss, Injury and Illness
Should you, or any member of your group, suffer loss (such as baggage or valuables), serious illness, personal injury or death during your holiday, we will provide sympathetic advice and guidance at our discretion. This must be carried out in conjunction with your personal travel insurance policy.
Sri Lanka Local Tours shall not be liable for any loss, injury, or damage to person or property, alteration of itineraries or cancellation in part or in full, caused by climatic conditions, sea fire, breakdown of machinery or equipment, acts of government or other authorities, wars whether or not declared, civil disturbances, strikes, riots, thefts, epidemics, quarantines, medical or customs regulations, terrorist activities, or any other actions, omissions or conditions beyond Sri Lanka Local Tours’ control. Neither Sri Lanka Local Tours nor any of its affiliates or subsidiaries shall be or become liable or responsible for any additional expenses of liability sustained or incurred by the tour member as a result of any of the aforementioned causes.
Photographs or Pictures
Photographs or pictures appearing on this website should be used solely as an indication of facilities and attractions. Actual facilities and attractions may vary according to the itinerary. Maps shown on the holiday pages are current at the time of printing and may not reflect the actual holiday routing should the itinerary change.
Sri Lanka Local Tours offers 24/7 service with professional travel consultants being available. You can contact Sri Lanka Local Tours via the web form https://www.srilankalocaltours.com/, email, chat-line. If you fail to receive any response from Sri Lanka Local Tour in regard of your tour status within 48 hours from the time you submitted the request or booking, modifying or canceling a tour, please contact Sri Lanka Local Tours customer service center at [email protected] to ensure that we are able to deal with your inquiry under the terms of our Terms and Conditions.
Customer Care & Complaints Procedure
Sri Lanka Local Tours is fully committed to high levels of customer care at all stages of your holiday. This includes solving any problems at the source to the benefit and contentment of all parties. Shall you feel unsatisfied with any service of Sri Lanka Local Tours, please notify your local tour guide or your travel advisor to avoid the potential for similar problems happening again during your tour.
In the event of a complaint or claim for compensation, you must inform us by email, or facsimile in writing within 15 days from the end of your tour. Relevant receipts and substantiating evidence must be attached to the letter of claim. Sri Lanka Local Tours will not be liable for any claims made later than 15 days after the completion of your tour.
Clients should take into account all travel risks and familiarize themselves with health requirements applicable to the areas they intend to visit. The clients are responsible for checking the safety and security conditions, vaccination, and other health requirements of governments in which destinations visited.
Travelers Who Need Special Assistance on Tours and/or Cruises
You must report to Sri Lanka Local Tours at the time of reservation any disability requiring special attention while on tour or on a cruise. We will make reasonable attempts to accommodate the special needs of disabled travelers but is not responsible in the event it is unable to do so; nor is Sri Lanka Local Tours responsible for any denial of services by air carriers, hotels, restaurants, or other independent suppliers. We cannot provide individual assistance to a holiday participant for walking, dining, getting on and off motor coaches, cruise ships and other vehicles, or other personal needs. A qualified and physically able companion must accompany travelers who need such assistance and must assume full responsibility for their well-being.
Liability and Responsibility
– Sri Lanka Local Tours provides local tour information for Sri Lanka tour bookings. Sri Lanka Local Tours publishes travel information and services gathered from the selected quality hotels, transportations, and tour companies & operators. Sri Lanka Local Tours will not be responsible for errors or inaccuracies in the information provided by the third-party providers.
– Sri Lanka Local Tours shall not be responsible for any wrongful or negligent, fraudulent, omissions, changes of itinerary, cancellation or the failure of any equipment operated by those suppliers or any other party bit directly owned or controlled by Sri Lanka Local Tours.
– Sri Lanka Local Tours is not responsible for a client’s failure to comply with customs regulations.
– Sri Lanka Local Tours is not responsible for the theft or loss of any customer’s valuables or items of personal property due to the negligence of the customer.
– Sri Lanka Local Tours reserves the right to substitute hotels, flights, or cruise ships, to alter itineraries, or to cancel the tour prior to departure. If Sri Lanka Local Tours has canceled any tour prior to the commencement of the tour, Sri Lanka Local Tours is liable for a full refund of the money received from the client.
– Many of Sri Lanka Local Tours’ packages include activities that require care and attention such as kayaking, climbing, exploring pristine nature and the unexpected weather conditions,… You will receive help and advice from our representatives but all activities are undertaken at your own risk. Sri Lanka Local Tours and its teams and agents cannot be responsible for any action or event that occurs after it said employees and agents have exercised their duty and taken the necessary care.
– Sri Lanka Local Tours reserves the right to modify or rescind the terms and conditions in whole, or in part at any time with or without notice.
Cancellations and Refunds
We would deeply regret your decision to cancel your Sri Lanka tours; however, we realize that there are many valid reasons that this can happen.
In the event of cancellation, we will refund any payment made to Sri Lanka Local Tours (less any cancellation fee that is applicable) within 14 days of our receipt of your written cancellation request.
The cancellation fee will be calculated as follows:
- More than 40 days prior to trip departure: 10% of the deposit paid is non-refundable. This will be saved for your next trip with us. The rest of the deposit paid will be refunded (bank fee levied by your end)
- 40 – 30 days prior to trip departure: 35% charge of the deposit paid
- 29 – 15 days: 50% charged of the deposit paid
- 14 – 10 day: 75% charged of the total booking value
- Less than 10 days or No show: 100% charged of the total booking value
After the trip has commenced, we are unable to refund any amount for unused services due to your willingness, early departure, late arrival, or missed days on tours.
We expect reasonable behavior at all times. If in the considered opinion of our representatives or suppliers, your behavior could cause danger to yourself or others, damage or persistent offense, you will be informed of the fact, and your booking may be discontinued without compensation. You may also be held responsible for deliberate damage.